Italian Ice Tea Cocktail Tutorial | Drink Corner
KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 8 ― The ultimate Malaysian drink has definitely got to be teh tarik!
Teh tarik, literally meaning “pulled tea,” is actually an Indian method of making milk tea that has become a must-have for most Malaysians and tourists visiting the country.
This simple combination of powdered black tea and condensed milk has its flavours elevated to unimaginable levels because of the tea-making method.
Prep time: 5 minutes
2 tablespoons powdered black tea
3 tablespoons condensed milk
500ml boiling water
1. Mix tea and hot water (as soon as boiled) together in a large glass. Let the tea brew for 2 minutes.
2. Sieve and transfer into a clean glass. Add condensed milk and stir well.
3. With another empty glass in your other hand, pour tea into empty glass, ensuring you start pouring as close as possible to the empty glass and then pulling it to a distance.
4. Repeat the step above several times until you achieve a foamy texture.
5. Serve immediately.
Forget tea and crumpets. This drink is named for the mythical dark companion to St. Nicholas and watching this evening’s episode of Grimm (12 Days of Krampus).
Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into a pint glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
How to make your own tea latte
Courvoisier Blueberry Tea
1/2 oz Courvoisier XO
1/4 oz Grand Marnier
1/4 oz amaretto
Earl Grey tea
Into a glass mug of hot Earl Grey add Courvoisier, Grand Marnier and amaretto. Garnish with an orange twist.
– Recipe courtesy Yellow Door Bistro